Can I add a small yellow wrasse?

10zb10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Everyone,

I have a Fluval Flex 123, so with rock lets say 26 gallons. My current lineup includes 2 clownfish, 1 midas blenny, 1 purple firefish, and 1 watchman goby along with a emerald crab and cleaner shrimp. I have a few torches, a few zoas, and a few mushrooms. Tank has been up and running for a little over a year. My main question is can I add a small yellow wrasse to what is already in the tank or in your opinion, is one more fish just too much for this system? I am hoping to add the wrasse to help with some bristle worms and what appears to be some flatworms. One guy at my local fish store recommended an arrow crab instead. Is that maybe a better option?

Thanks

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H. chrysus will outgrow a 26 gallon eventually, but it might take a year or more assuming you're purchasing a small one. They do need sand. Yes, they are great hunters.

I don't fully trust arrow crabs in a reef. They are cool looking.

The best wrasses for a 26 gallon would be any of the possums or a pink streak.

Jesse571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI Everyone,

I have a Fluval Flex 123, so with rock lets say 26 gallons. My current lineup includes 2 clownfish, 1 midas blenny, 1 purple firefish, and 1 watchman goby along with a emerald crab and cleaner shrimp. I have a few torches, a few zoas, and a few mushrooms. Tank has been up and running for a little over a year. My main question is can I add a small yellow wrasse to what is already in the tank or in your opinion, is one more fish just too much for this system? I am hoping to add the wrasse to help with some bristle worms and what appears to be some flatworms. One guy at my local fish store recommended an arrow crab instead. Is that maybe a better option?

Thanks
I used a arrow crab to get rid of my bristle worms

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back