Can i add another fish or two?

nmrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Pretty new to reefing all in all, about 12 months in and learning every day. Loving it so far indeed!

My current setup is:

Red Sea reefer g2 300xl
Magnus Curve 5 with Co2 Scrubber
2 x Ai Prime 16HD lights
All soft and some LPS coral so far

My question is - I have a clownfish, Royal Gramma, Flame Hawk fish, Flasher Wrasse, 3 green Chromis and a Midas Blenny which is 8 in total. Would it be ok to add a small Tomini Tang and perhaps a Cardinal fish with these guys to complete the tank or would this be too much for this size or any other options you can recommend instead?

Parameters are pretty good I think 0-5 nitrates, 0.04 phosphate, 8.0-8.2 PH 1.025 salinity and temps around 25.1 to 25.6oC.

Thanks for any help and i'm glad to be here with all you fellow reefers :)

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's definitely heavily stocked, but you could probably get away with a small tang addition. I definitely wouldn't add anymore than that, get more corals instead!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an XL300 also. I have 12 fish total with the largest being a rohmboid wrasse. You can add another fish. Just make sure you have plenty of rock caves. I focus on smaller fish and try to separate top swimmers, mid tank swimmers and bottom dwellers so everyone has their space.

OP
OP
N

nmrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the advice :) I think i'll add one small Tomini Tang going on what's been said and leave it at that. There is plenty of hiding spots so hopefully that helps!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back