Can I ask for the help with the circulation setup in my 8.5G cube?

MikeCRK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Fellow Reefers!

I do not know if I really need a circulator on in my 8.5G cube, can you advise?

I have Tidal35 HOB as a main filter, and also SICCE voyager nano 1000 set.

When I was reading the board I came across multiple posts about making sure the circulation flow etc. So I set this that way but noticed that sicce might be a bit too strong in this jar.
My mushrooms basically decided to run away, clownfish struggles to swim but other corals thrive. I can see when the water blows on the glass as I have dust all the time in the critical areas.

I have turned off sicce today when feeding fish and forgot to turn it back on. I have noticed that apart from one GSP colony and one tiny zoa all corals are the same as they were, even better, leather stool got its polyps out big time, zoas at front of the tank are more opened since. when feeding cyclops I was able to see that all food circulates practically around in every tiny place (no dead water spots) just with current from the Tidal.

The movement of the water is visible,, not that strong obviously as it was before but you can see it is moving.

Question: will them be OK if I keep it that way, or shall I make the water movement stronger in the tank? Is there any method you could advise to check if that is good enough?

Inside: softies, war coral and meteor I have feather worm too.

Here is the photo:

alld44.jpg

and here with my terrible skills I tried to show how the water flows. I thought if I get the circulator off the fish and some coral will not have to fight it all the time, will reduce dust on the glass and also evaporation (I had to point it to the surface to reduce its strength:

alld44circ.jpg

Corals which enjoy the water movement the most are seem to be OK, same as the worm. All of them are gently moving and I can see it easily - there is movement around.

Can you help please?

Full thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/f...n-and-to-not-to-bankrupt.964466/post-11181469

Cheers!

OP
OP
MikeCRK

MikeCRK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always set the Sicce on a timer to give things a little blast periodically.

I was thinking this way, to give it a blow from time to time, what intervals would suit? Rather during the day, to give them peace at night right? I got TAPO switcher from amazon for some funny money and it is plugged in.

CoastalTownLayabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll probably just need to experiment.

Generally, when you have only one flow pattern detritus and finer sediments settle in certain spots so a periodic alternate flow can kick up a bit of stuff.

Back