Can I dip discosoma in hydrogen peroxide?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen the h2o2 dipping guidelines in a few places, but can't find anything about discosoma specifically. I need to get some algae off of the plug before transferring it to another tank. Can I do it? If I can, how strong and how long?

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just manually scrape the algae off, no?
I thought about that, but the tank it is in has some algae in it that I don't recognize and it grows incredibly fast, so I am paranoid about getting any at all in the other tank. It's like a plague, even with low nutrients.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about that, but the tank it is in has some algae in it that I don't recognize and it grows incredibly fast, so I am paranoid about getting any at all in the other tank. It's like a plague, even with low nutrients.
UV, herbivores...

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen the h2o2 dipping guidelines in a few places, but can't find anything about discosoma specifically. I need to get some algae off of the plug before transferring it to another tank. Can I do it? If I can, how strong and how long?
I've never tried, but why not just cut off the plug?

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the dosing I usually follow and if it's not the list I just go with the "Low" recipe

That being said - I stumbled across this thread that advises against peroxide bath for mushrooms:

even if you plan to use peroxide I second the comments above to remove as much of the plug as you can and scrape as much algae as you can manually as a first step.

Even after dipping I have seen algae grow back from the place it originally was.

OP
OP
Just John

Just John

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the dosing I usually follow and if it's not the list I just go with the "Low" recipe

That being said - I stumbled across this thread that advises against peroxide bath for mushrooms:

even if you plan to use peroxide I second the comments above to remove as much of the plug as you can and scrape as much algae as you can manually as a first step.

Even after dipping I have seen algae grow back from the place it originally was.
Thanks for the links!

Back