Can I Get an id on this Snail?

Reefer Matt

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2021
Messages
11,243
Reaction score
42,954
Location
US
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a mouth like a bumblebee snail (trunk like) and a shiny spiral shell. Thanks!

IMG_0457.jpeg
 
It has a mouth like a bumblebee snail (trunk like) and a shiny spiral shell. Thanks!

IMG_0457.jpeg
I remember IDing something like this once a very long time ago. I'll be back once I find the thread where I did so.
 
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/baby-nassarius-snail-pics-included.861347/
What you are seeing is a Marginella snail or a related species, which are sometimes sold as detritivores but will also prey upon other snails.
I found this guy strolling fast on my sand bed. It looked candy cane stripped at first. Took it out when I realized it was a snail. It is the size of a grain of rice. It looks like it has a siphon. Is it a baby nassarius snail? I do have two nassarius snails. I know that whelks look very similar. Or maybe it is a totally different kind of snail. Just didn't know if anyone could tell being this small. If it's a baby nassarius snail I don't want to get rid of it.
PXL_20210923_233236557.jpg
Screenshot_20210923-212351.png
Screenshot_20210923-212415.png
 
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/baby-nassarius-snail-pics-included.861347/
What you are seeing is a Marginella snail or a related species, which are sometimes sold as detritivores but will also prey upon other snails.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/baby-nassarius-snail-pics-included.861347/
What you are seeing is a Marginella snail or a related species, which are sometimes sold as detritivores but will also prey upon other snails.
Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new