Can I glue a clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Emon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
119
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. I wanted to know if I can glue a clam to my rock structure? I have the clams on the sand bed but, everytime a snail goes on the shell it always tips the clam over . I wanted to put my clams Alittle higher than the sand bed but, alittle hesitant to glue on structure. Any advice will b greatly appreciated
 
They'll attach themselves if happy. I'm not 100% sure if glue would hurt them, but I think it would
 
Do not glue a clam. Try to creat a cradle for it where you would like it to be. However, it must be a spot with light and flow that it likes or it will move.
 
Some vendors sell a clam rock. I had never heard of this before when I had a clam. Stumbled upon it looking for pods and phyto
 
I was looking at another post from a member and they mentioned a clam cradle. I’m going to see if I could find that , I think that would b my best bet. Thanks everyone
 
You can also shape and make your own clam cradle using plumbers epoxy. Its the 2 part tubular clay like epoxy you can find at Lowes or aquarium stores.

I was looking at another post from a member and they mentioned a clam cradle. I’m going to see if I could find that , I think that would b my best bet. Thanks everyone
 
See if your LFS has any extra shells laying around. Shells from other tridacna can make excellent cradles and you may get them for free. Definitely don't glue a clam.
 
If I use that epoxy , is it reef safe? I just saw on the internet they have those cradles for a couple of bucks and they’re reef safe
 
I use old clam shells and works great. U can add a little bit of sand in shell for clam to sit on. After it attaches to shell u could glue shell down somewhere else but definitely dont glue clam directly.
20191126_121255.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new