Can I glue underwater?

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally have my aquascape where I like it, but every time I add a new coral or two, I pull the structure apart and glue them down, but it never seems to go back the same way. Can I glue to the rocks while they're still submerged?

I use Gorilla Glue Gel. Thanks.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Any brand cyanoacrylate glue (super glue) will be reef safe. However, I've found that just using super glue underwater can be a bit of a pain. You have to move it around to break the "skim" that forms to get a good bond.

I really like using a little putty applied to the frag (I move all mine to rock rubble now instead of frag plugs) and then put a good dollop of super glue gel on the putty. Seems to hold faster with less fiddling around.

Not my idea but couldn't tell you where I picked it up from now. Here or BRS more than likely. :)

OP
OP
Titleist1964

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video helped me

Holy SHlT, that helps immensely. This dude really pushed me into saltwater, I watched this and was amazed. I currently run a JBJ 20 but will be going to the Red Sea 25 Peninsula early next year, I need more room. @MoshJosh TYVM, this helps.

This is what got me started.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back