Can i quarantine flashing tile fish by using Cupramine ?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Many would recommend copper safe as 'safer' but IMHO you can. Just to make sure though - are you saying the tilefish is 'flashing'? If so - does it have any lesions, breathing issues? Are your other fish ok? If you're talking about treating (not QT) a disease, its important to try to pin down what the disease is

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i quarantine flashing tile fish by using Cupramine ?
Don’t quarantine them. It stresses them out more than needed, if you have one then take the risk and throw it in display.

I have had 2-3 personally and not one went through QT. It’s more likely to thrive this way. Make sure they have 7-10 caves at a minimum to dart into. These are shy fish that don’t like bright light once in a tank of any kind. And they also hate high activity displays. It’s better to have an understocked tank with this species.
IMG_8724.jpeg

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used cupramine on Hoplolatilus marcosi, Hoplolatilus fourmanoiri, Hoplolatilus purpureus, and Hoplolatilus starcki without issue. Definitely quarantine in a larger tank, maybe with zebra dartfish or chromis as a dither to draw them out and teach them to eat better. The darts worked nicely in my experience. From what I've seen in tiles both available locally and from what I've purchased online, they tend to be prone to flukes as well as ich.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used cupramine on Hoplolatilus marcosi, Hoplolatilus fourmanoiri, Hoplolatilus purpureus, and Hoplolatilus starcki without issue. Definitely quarantine in a larger tank, maybe with zebra dartfish or chromis as a dither to draw them out and teach them to eat better. The darts worked nicely in my experience. From what I've seen in tiles both available locally and from what I've purchased online, they tend to be prone to flukes as well as ich.
IME, you’ve Quarantined the easier species. If you try a Chlupatyi you’ll find they are a nightmare (10x worse than purpureus can be).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 166 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back