Can I remove the drain compartment?

snobby

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
Oxford
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going to add a reef mat fleece roller and a skimmer to the section on the right and hoping to have a refugium in the left section. I’m wondering if I can get rid of the glass at the back of the sump which seperates the drain section from the section with the filtration as the pipe will plumb directly into the reef mat and miss that compartment. This would give me a little more space to play with and I couldn’t really find anything online about it other than it obviously being important for filter socks.

IMG_6684.jpeg IMG_6685.jpeg
 
You can remove it. I bypassed mine the same way when I installed my reef mat. Its just there to reduce noise and bubbles, but your reef mat has that built-in functionality anyways.
 
You can remove it. I bypassed mine the same way when I installed my reef mat. Its just there to reduce noise and bubbles, but your reef mat has that built-in functionality anyways.
thanks for your help, love your setup!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new