Can I run my apex without probes?

richarddeweerd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2020
Messages
203
Reaction score
349
Location
The Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says.

Today I get my apex and i will not have time until the weekend to install it in my aquarium and to properly calibrate the probes. Can I power up the apex without the probes and start playing around in Apex fusion without any problem?
 
If you're relying on the wifi module for programming, then I think you'll have to wait. That connects the probes to the power brick.
 
If you're relying on the wifi module for programming, then I think you'll have to wait. That connects the probes to the power brick.

This is incorrect. The Apex 2016 and Apex-EL both have built-in WiFi. You connect the Apex to the EnergyBar. There’s no need to connect the probes to the base unit for initial setup or basic programming.

Apex:Apex-EL:


Bottom-View-w-callouts.jpg


APEX_el_IMG_2170_callouts_sm-1-600x431.jpg

See my Apex Tutorials for more details:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/authors/suncrestreef.93940/
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new