Can i still add some Goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter sebi1100
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sebi1100

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
21
Location
Germany
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,

my current tank is 48x16x16 . I startet with some Rocks from ATI , the called it Eporeef. Its a bit minimalistic so i have a big sand surface.

I thinking about to put 1 or 2 Sexgutatta Goby to this tank to keep the sand clean and they are nice to watch....

I already have
1 Bicolor Blenny
1 Sixline Wrasse
2 Chromis(Pair)
1 Firefish Goby

Its all pretty peaceful at the moment.

What u guys think of add 1 or a pair of the sexgutatta goby, can this lead to some aggressions?

Tanks
Sebi
 
Good morning.

I love adding sand sifting gobies time my tanks. They are a great addition to any clean up crew. What you need to keep in mind is if they only sand sifting feed then they will strip the tank of food in a matter of days or maybe hours. If you go this route make sure they will eat prepared foods and feed them a varied diet too.

Lastly, make sure you have a good tight, no gaps lid. They are jumpers and love to carpet surf. Often landing where you can’t find them until they are crispy, crunchy.

Enjoy the hobby my friend
 
Good morning.

I love adding sand sifting gobies time my tanks. They are a great addition to any clean up crew. What you need to keep in mind is if they only sand sifting feed then they will strip the tank of food in a matter of days or maybe hours. If you go this route make sure they will eat prepared foods and feed them a varied diet too.

Lastly, make sure you have a good tight, no gaps lid. They are jumpers and love to carpet surf. Often landing where you can’t find them until they are crispy, crunchy.

Enjoy the hobby my friend
Yeah thanks for the long answer , I will keep a jump guard in mind .
I just hope the sixline, the Blenny and the new sand-goby r ok with each other ;)

have a nice day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new