Can I take stuff off my urchin

Anihiel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had to pull something off mine- the temperature probe. He got as far as the length of the cable. As long as you maintain steady gentle pressure they will let go with their feet. Eventually.

OP
OP
LxHowler

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So another slight question to update this. Has anyone ever had an anemone ride a urchin. The urchin is carrying the anemone and I don't know what to to about this as I dont want the spines to damage it's foot. The anemone had been walking and obviously climb onto the urchin and hasn't moved off.
IMG_20201218_001240.jpg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tuxedo doesn't have rigid spines, rather pliable tube feet that can hold and release. I would try to gently remove the plastic grid and looks like the nem would then be separated from the urchin. Just be patient and as many have said objects can be removed with no damage.
Good luck

OP
OP
LxHowler

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tuxedo doesn't have rigid spines, rather pliable tube feet that can hold and release. I would try to gently remove the plastic grid and looks like the nem would then be separated from the urchin. Just be patient and as many have said objects can be removed with no damage.
Good luck
Thanks I wasn't so much worried about the urchin. I took this plastic grid off it before and it picked it back up again so I've just let it have that. I was just worried about the spines doing damage to the anemone but they have now separated themselves. The anemone grabbed a rock as the urchin went into a cave.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back