Can I take stuff off my urchin

I just had to pull something off mine- the temperature probe. He got as far as the length of the cable. As long as you maintain steady gentle pressure they will let go with their feet. Eventually.
 
So another slight question to update this. Has anyone ever had an anemone ride a urchin. The urchin is carrying the anemone and I don't know what to to about this as I dont want the spines to damage it's foot. The anemone had been walking and obviously climb onto the urchin and hasn't moved off.
IMG_20201218_001240.jpg
 
Your tuxedo doesn't have rigid spines, rather pliable tube feet that can hold and release. I would try to gently remove the plastic grid and looks like the nem would then be separated from the urchin. Just be patient and as many have said objects can be removed with no damage.
Good luck
 
Your tuxedo doesn't have rigid spines, rather pliable tube feet that can hold and release. I would try to gently remove the plastic grid and looks like the nem would then be separated from the urchin. Just be patient and as many have said objects can be removed with no damage.
Good luck
Thanks I wasn't so much worried about the urchin. I took this plastic grid off it before and it picked it back up again so I've just let it have that. I was just worried about the spines doing damage to the anemone but they have now separated themselves. The anemone grabbed a rock as the urchin went into a cave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new