Can it work?

Funtrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to make space and maybe add a algae crubber or dona refugium in the middle chamber, but as you can see I have a big uv sterilizer in there. Questions is can I remove the uv sterilizer from its pump and try to see if it will fit where the small return chamber is and hook it up the the return pump? That way I can free up the middle chamber.

Screenshot_20231114_124341_Reddit.jpg 20231114_124123.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe just remove the UV, unless you have some specific need to sterilize someone or something.

I’ve never understood the long term logic of using a device that’s sterilizes algaes, unless, Iam overridden with green or golden, and then, just for a few days.

OP
OP
F

Funtrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this where my rookie experience comes in. I had problems with algae when I started the tank 7 or almost 8 month ago, went to a lfs and they sold me in getting one uv for many reasons. One to have Crystal clear water, two to control algae and last to prevent fish sickness so I bought it. Now fast forward and I have activated carbon in my sump, I have a uv sterilizer, co2 scrubber, media reactor for gfo. So now trying to clear space and maybe do a refugium or a scrubber algae.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn the UV off for a few weeks. See if you even notice that it off. You should have your answer, either way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back