Can my eel survive in De Nitrate by Seachem?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jwheels10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jwheels10

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2025
Messages
254
Reaction score
84
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I have a banana eel about 12 inches long, and I have nitrates in my tank, usually 40-80. I recently put some de nitrate in the filter, and he has not been acting wired but I was just wondering because I know that are sensitive to most treatments. I have the de nitrate in there in the first place to help him and a little gold flake angel in there because I know smaller angels are sensitive to high nitrates.

image.jpg IMG_7034.png
 
From what I see, it is just a biomedia, so that shouldn't be a problem. It has been stated here on the app that white media sometimes releases metals like aluminum into the water. There are other methods to remove Nitrates, why not try to employ some of the others?
 
Hello all, I have a banana eel about 12 inches long, and I have nitrates in my tank, usually 40-80. I recently put some de nitrate in the filter, and he has not been acting wired but I was just wondering because I know that are sensitive to most treatments. I have the de nitrate in there in the first place to help him and a little gold flake angel in there because I know smaller angels are sensitive to high nitrates.

image.jpg IMG_7034.png
That is material that serves as a site for anaerobic denitrification - it should be inert and not change anything in the water. It will take some time (weeks anyways) to get colonized with the proper bacteria.
 
Hello all, I have a banana eel about 12 inches long, and I have nitrates in my tank, usually 40-80. I recently put some de nitrate in the filter, and he has not been acting wired but I was just wondering because I know that are sensitive to most treatments. I have the de nitrate in there in the first place to help him and a little gold flake angel in there because I know smaller angels are sensitive to high nitrates.

image.jpg IMG_7034.png
I have that exact media in my sump and I have 4 morays. No issues at all
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new