Can my lighting rail support this pelmet?

raythereefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2023
Messages
196
Reaction score
220
Location
Lincoln
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made this lighting pelmet to stop the glare from my lights , and and now concerned if I should hang it or not. I have a d-d otm rail which currently has 3 hydra 64s and 2 ai blade 57 inch lights hanging from it. I was planning on hanging the pelmet from a wire through the gap marked in the picture but it weighs about maybe 7 or 8kg is this wise to do ? Glass is 19mm thick.

PXL_20251206_125444724.MP.jpg PXL_20251206_125454189~2.jpg PXL_20251206_125503256.MP.jpg PXL_20251206_125550643.jpg
 
Bump , anyone willing to vouch my expensive tank won't break lol ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new