Somewhat Unique RedSea Reefer 525 G2+ Build

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good. You will eventually learn that it's better to just leave it alone. Dinos takes a little elbow grease and I'm glad that you were able to get rid of them. The Pods helped a lot I bet. What is the school of blue fish? Do they actively school up and roam the tank? I love my white Tail! He's quite the character. What kind of Wrasse did you do with?

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You will eventually learn that it's better to just leave it alone. Dinos takes a little elbow grease and I'm glad that you were able to get rid of them. The Pods helped a lot I bet. What is the school of blue fish? Do they actively school up and roam the tank? I love my white Tail! He's quite the character. What kind of Wrasse did you do with?
Thankfully I haven't had any major outbreak of uglies for three months now but the close to three month battle with dinos, cyano, and GHA from month 3-5 were rough! I recently had large patches green algae growing back in the rock but I didn't do anything and my snails and urchin have brought it under control.

The blue fish are blue-green chromis. I have 11 of them. I started with 6 and then added another 5 a month later. The chromis usually are hanging out in a group and do not fight each other since male Bimac anthia chases the chromis around every so often. I believe this keeps the chromis from turning on each other since they are safer in a group. The chromis are great since they swim at the front of the glass all day long which helps bring out the other fish.

The chromis all went through a quarantine of copper and metro. The first batch I had a 50% survival rate in QT. The second batch I had 100% survival. I believe the increased survival was due to maturity of my QT setup, lower fish load I. That round of QT, and/or luck.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back