Can someone help identify?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnnaKAF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AnnaKAF

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2024
Messages
14
Reaction score
6
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have a few growing things that I have no idea what they are and what shall I do about them.
1. There are a few big irregular shape things which I did not dare to touch on the walls of the sump and in the overflow section of the tank. Maybe 5 or 6 total. Size of a good snail.
2. And there are billions of what I think called spirobid worms. I scrape them off from the glass, but they are on the rocks, inside the sump and around the pipes. I know they say they are beneficial… but so many??? Aren’t they going to clog the system some day?
3. And there is a blob of some light green formation on a rock, kinda between the rocks, in the shade, that doesn’t look like anything I saw anywhere online before.

Who knows what are those???!
Please, help!

My tank is 8 months old.

IMG_4082.jpeg IMG_4065.jpeg IMG_4060.jpeg
 
there can be all sorts of odd and interesting things in a sump! might need some more pics to see what all you are talking about
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new