Can someone ID the worm?

LePatapouf

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Location
MotherLnd
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hola, fellow reefers, I fairly new to the hobby, got a new sps recently, dipped it into flatworm exit to put into the qt, got a bunch of flatworms and birstleforms that crawled from the sps, regular bristleworms are ok, threw the couple into the tank, but cannot ID this one
wormid.jpg


so it I am keen to think that it is some kind of a bristle worm, it has a thin long body, 2 inches long, approximtely, with legs resembling a centipede and it has distinct mouth on its head. Is it a "good" or "bad" worm? The pic is the best I could get so far.
 
It does look like a bristleworm to me. Harmless CuC, nasty looking just don’t touch it with your bare hands.
 
It does look like a bristleworm to me. Harmless CuC, nasty looking just don’t touch it with your bare hands.
Took it to a fellow reefer for confirmation, his opinion: Oenone predatory worm. Not questioning your expertise, the photo wasn't the great one for identification.
 
Took it to a fellow reefer for confirmation, his opinion: Oenone predatory worm. Not questioning your expertise, the photo wasn't the great one for identification.
I was dealing with oenone fulgida worms a couple of months ago, and I'm quite certain the image you've shared is also a oenone fulgida worm (a predatory nocturnal worm). 👍

Untitled.jpg
 
I was dealing with oenone fulgida worms a couple of months ago, and I'm quite certain the image you've shared is also a oenone fulgida worm (a predatory nocturnal worm). 👍

Untitled.jpg
Thanks for the confirmation, yeah, that was it, it had distinctive eyes, so was tossed down the drain
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new