Can someone ID this bleeny?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Watanabay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Watanabay

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Location
Switzerland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Cirripectes stigmaticus (ember blenny) online and received this fish.
I'm not sure if this is the right blenny or if there was a mix-up, because I can't see any red marks on it's body.

​

 
How new is it? Most all fish can and will change color when stressed, or even at night time.
 
Ember blennies are very variable depending on mood but it also could be a black sailfin blenny.
 
I'm gonna try to provide more photos tomorrow. Lights are sadly already out. I don't think its a black sailfin blenny because the fin is a bit to large. Maybe you're right and the fish just doesn't show its pretty red color because of mood.
Thanks for the input
 
Hd Waiting GIF by MOODMAN
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new