Can someone please Help me with a apex classic?

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have this apex classic and I can get it to connect to the fusion . I can pick each outlet and slide it from off to auto and on but it’s not turning anything on. There is one outlet that is on.
Also I can’t figure out how to set the time.
I was hoping this was simple lol

I have posted on there forum and there facebook page and all I get from One person is check google.

Well that didnt help!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I have this apex classic and I can get it to connect to the fusion . I can pick each outlet and slide it from off to auto and on but it’s not turning anything on. There is one outlet that is on.
Also I can’t figure out how to set the time.
I was hoping this was simple lol

I have posted on there forum and there facebook page and all I get from One person is check google.

Well that didnt help!
1. It could be that the outlets energy bar is defective.
2. Is the firmware updated correctly (using a wired connection to your router - as instructed)?
3. It isn't clear when you say 'one outlet is on' - do you mean 'always on' - even if you turn it off, or is it on whether you slide the slider off and on.
4. Did your Apex Classic come with a display? You can set the time there. There is also an automatic 'setting' where the apex gets the time from the internet. Go to the 'clock icon' on fusion, click it, and click 'enable auto clock set' and 'enable daylight savings time. Then you need to set the difference from your time zone to UTC. For example, Central Daylight time is -6. Eastern would be -5, Mountain would be -7 and Pacific would be -8, etc - If you live in the USA. I would strongly consider calling Neptune support. They can also troubleshoot your device.

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that outlet is always on and its on both eb8's ( 2 different sellers)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes that outlet is always on and its on both eb8's ( 2 different sellers)
I don't understand. Do you mean you have 2 EB8's connected - and both have the same outlet that is not controllable by fusion? Or, you have 2 EB8's and you plug one in - and note the problem, then you replace that one with the second EB8 - and the same problem occurs. If you have both plugged in at one time, I don't see how that make sense.
Are you sure you have them connected correctly? Are you putting your Fusion settings on 'on' or 'auto'. If its auto, are you sure that the programming is correct? I might go to the Neptune website, support - to see how to reset the devices to 'factory' - and then start over with setting it up? Maybe you did this from the start.

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up one eb8 an it has a outlet always on, then I try a second eb8 and the same thing happens.

I have done the int reset multiple times and the previous owners info is still there( His settings) not his name or anything.

I have them set to On in fusion and nothing happens its like there is a lock on the outlets and Im not unlocking it if that makes sense

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I set up one eb8 an it has a outlet always on, then I try a second eb8 and the same thing happens.

I have done the int reset multiple times and the previous owners info is still there( His settings) not his name or anything.

I have them set to On in fusion and nothing happens its like there is a lock on the outlets and Im not unlocking it if that makes sense
So there is one way to 'reset' the device. There is another way to reset the device to 'factory settings'. My guess is that 1) Either you aren't totally resetting the device (because the other person's settings are there), 2) the fusion connection is somehow not 'complete', 3) There is an internal problem in the Apex classic (if the EB does the same thing with 2 different devices). Are you using a 'display' with the classic - or just using Fusion?

PS - here is a list of steps from Neptune from another area on R2R on how to do this:

Please change the email back to your Fellow Reefer as that should be his account.

Then try to see if you can create your own Fusion account. If it still does not let you just use different email address.

To wipe the Apex back to factory settings you need to initialize the Apex.

When you initialize the Apex the FUSION link will be removed and, you will then need to re-link the Apex to your Fusion account:

*Initialization will erase corruption and everything else. Copy your programming onto a notepad or go to APEXFUSION.com and print the summary.

• If you wish start go to your Display Module and go to SYSTEM> INIT MEMORY> INIT ALL> YES
  • Everything will turn blinking orange
  • Wait 5 minutes
  • Check all your Apex Equipment everything should turn to back green status.
  • Make sure the internet connection cable is secure and connected.
  • Once the Display Module is back up go to SYSTEM> NETSETUP> DHCP(turn this ON) > RESTART.
  • Wait 2 minutes for the restart to finish.
  • Go to the Display when it starts up and look at APEXFUSION: option. It should say 'LINK'
  • Click on LINK twice, you'll get your special Code.
  • Go to www.ApexFusion.com and sign in
  • You will now need to remove your previous Apex Controllers like this image here. Click Remove.
  • Then go back to your Display and get a NEW link token.
  • Relink up to Fusion again.

OP
OP
riche

riche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Neptune and the guy who answered talked me thru the basics and it was user error lol

I feel like a idiot as it was very basic

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I called Neptune and the guy who answered talked me thru the basics and it was user error lol

I feel like a idiot as it was very basic
Curious - what was it?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To be honest it happened So quick I forgot lol, but basically I didnt have the outlets dropped down into fusion
Hmm - interesting. In your defense, I would say - the instructions are not exactly clear in the documentation IMO. The last time I checked (maybe a couple months ago) the 2014 version of the manual was still the 'go to' on the site (it has no information on the 'new' Apex.

The setup instructions are actually pretty good, what is missing (to me) - is a good troubleshooting area. I know many people use the 'forum' - but as you found out since a lot of people have not had a problem, some of the responses can be unhelpful (i.e. google it - as what happened to you). Neptune telephone support has always been outstanding though. Glad its working

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back