Can someone please ID this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter edsbeaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edsbeaker

Grandma Has A Reef Obsession
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
4,019
Reaction score
16,330
Location
Westfield, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I think this is a Pineapple Tree Coral. Can someone confirm or correct me?
Will it drop branches all over the tank?

IMG_0231.jpeg IMG_0232.jpeg
 
Thats a kenya tree. I've never heard of it being called a pineapple tree but I may just live under a rock.

Yes it will drop branches. That's how it asexually reproduces.
 
Upvote 0
Thats a kenya tree. I've never heard of it being called a pineapple tree but I may just live under a rock.

Yes it will drop branches. That's how it asexually reproduces.
Looks like a kenya tree
Well DARN! It was more closed at my LFS, so I didn’t realize it! It’s going bye-bye! I don’t want a million little trees growing all over my tank!!!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is why I thought it was a Pineapple Tree Coral. But after the name it does say Capnella, so I’m assuming just another name for Kenya Tree? Are all Capnella Kenya Trees?

IMG_0677.png
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is why I thought it was a Pineapple Tree Coral. But after the name it does say Capnella, so I’m assuming just another name for Kenya Tree? Are all Capnella Kenya Trees?

IMG_0677.png
I believe so.
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new