Can something beat a Torch in stinginess?

pomoev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1660161612732.png

My torch has grown looong sweepers and tries to kill every valuable non-euphyllia coral around itself. There used to be a rainbow monti on the rock over the torch, and now it's not doing very well.
Is there a coral that could beat the torch in stinginess? I'd put it in place of the rainbow monti so that the torch stops extending this much.
Obviously, the new alpha coral should be slow growing and better have short tentacles. Any ideas?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1660161612732.png

My torch has grown looong sweepers and tries to kill every valuable non-euphyllia coral around itself. There used to be a rainbow monti on the rock over the torch, and now it's not doing very well.
Is there a coral that could beat the torch in stinginess? I'd put it in place of the rainbow monti so that the torch stops extending this much.
Obviously, the new alpha coral should be slow growing and better have short tentacles. Any ideas?
The galaxea coral I believe will bet a torch. Sweepers over 12 inches long. Galaxea just don't loose many battles. Its best to give the torch its room.

Last edited:

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Galaxea, Hollywood stunner, pectinia, bubble coral will all give a torch a run for their money. But be careful that it doesn’t cause damage to the torch which could turn into BJD. I’d move it so it’s by itself or with other torches.

Back