Can Tamarin wrasses coexist with each other ?

Bob Weigant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
6,907
Location
Hayward
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few different types of Tamarin wrasses and I was wondering they could be in the same tank together ? It’s a 180
 
Ive seen people do it successfully in different YouTube videos, though adding at the same time or using acclimation boxes will help give better chances at peaceful cohabitation between them just incase.
 
Ive seen people do it successfully in different YouTube videos, though adding at the same time or using acclimation boxes will help give better chances at peaceful cohabitation between them just incase.
Thank you
 
I bet @evolved will have some advice too
 
Hi, I currently have a Yellow breasted ( Twistii) and a Yellowtail together in a 125 w/ no major issues. Sometimes the Twistii will chase the Yellowtail out of her swimming path, but that's about it. I've had the Twistii for about 4 years and the Yellowtail about 1 1/2 years.
 
I've kept a variety of Anampses species together. They are quite tolerant of each other.


Great to see you back TJ! Would an Anampses such as an A. chrysocephalus get along with a mixed wrasse tank....7 fairy, 4 flasher, 2 Halichoeres (melasmapomas and iridis), M. geoffroyi?
 
Great to see you back TJ! Would an Anampses such as an A. chrysocephalus get along with a mixed wrasse tank....7 fairy, 4 flasher, 2 Halichoeres (melasmapomas and iridis), M. geoffroyi?
I've kept chrysocephalus with those Halichoeres species, as well as flasher, fairy, and leopards.
 
I had a meleagrides kill a chrysocephalus a few years ag. Nothing other than chasing but finally stressed it too much after a few months, they had been together a few years at that point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new