Can this grow Xenia?

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to do a budget 1 gallon jar build on my desk with the only coral stock being Xenia. I have this lamp I use to light up my room and was curious if I can use this lamp with the bulbs it has to grow Xenia. I saw a thread somewhere about someone who did the same with their bed side lamp but they didn’t specify what bulb they had used. Any help is greatly appreciated

82695548-E49A-48FD-A9E0-3471BFE29CAE.jpeg D0F9AA1A-19DD-43E5-821C-B47F71A1F1A0.jpeg

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to do a budget 1 gallon jar build on my desk with the only coral stock being Xenia. I have this lamp I use to light up my room and was curious if I can use this lamp with the bulbs it has to grow Xenia. I saw a thread somewhere about someone who did the same with their bed side lamp but they didn’t specify what bulb they had used. Any help is greatly appreciated

82695548-E49A-48FD-A9E0-3471BFE29CAE.jpeg D0F9AA1A-19DD-43E5-821C-B47F71A1F1A0.jpeg
LOL! Cool Idea. GSP and Xenia is almost like algae after you had it a few times. Not sure but I wouldn’t be surprised.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That oughta be a fine setup, it’ll be a cool little tank! I wish I could set one up, and I would except I’m not really home enough to keep up with the top off for it :). Honestly if you just put it in a window that will be more than enough to grow the Xenia. Might be a good home for a single sexy shrimp if the Xenia does well!

OP
OP
marcopena279

marcopena279

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That oughta be a fine setup, it’ll be a cool little tank! I wish I could set one up, and I would except I’m not really home enough to keep up with the top off for it :). Honestly if you just put it in a window that will be more than enough to grow the Xenia. Might be a good home for a single sexy shrimp if the Xenia does well!
I got one with a rubber seal so I only open it every once in a while for oxygenation and it helps keep evaporation down. You should definitely go for it too!!

Tom Giddens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had baseball size piece of Xenia in my display and I moved it to my fuge about 3 days ago and have a red plany bulb on it. The 1st day I had no light on it and it just sat there and would not pulse. I did not have a proper light to put over it. I found the red bulb in the cabinet and decided to try it and so far it looks happy and is pulsing again. Not positive how light they need but I have looked in the tank at night with a flashlight and it would be pulsing away.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back