Can we associate a percula picasso with a percula ora ?

jpg001

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
39
Reaction score
10
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Four months ago, I lost a 15-year-old female percula ora. It jumped behind the aquarium while I was cleaning it. It used to lay eggs regularly.
I still have the male, who is also 15 years old and who I think is turning into a female as he grows.
I would like to know if I can add a smaller Percula Picasso to form a pair, or if I can add just one ora.
Thank you.
 
Thank you.
 
It is probably best to use a transparent see-through acclimation/isolation container in the main aquarium for the new clownfish for a while so the larger one can grow accustomed to it before the larger one can attack and possibly kill the new small guy.

As mentioned, make sure the new one is smaller than your current one to help ensure the new one remains male and the larger older one transitions to female. If you end up with 2 females, they will most surely fight to the death from what I have read (but thankfully have never experienced).

No matter what you do, there is a risk they will not pair and the 15-year-old will transition to female and kill new additions, but sometimes they will pair without difficulty. In my opinion, it is worth the risk if you do the best you can to help ensure a good pairing.
 
I bought an Amphiprion percula picasso on Friday.
It's smaller than the other percula. There was some intimidation, but since yesterday, everyone has been living their own lives.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new