Can we get Tank Size displayed in profiles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaddyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
1,239
Reaction score
1,654
Location
Dallas NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find myself constantly wondering "What tank size is that person talking about?"

I realize that many people have more than one tank (NO idea who THEY are!), but there's a lot of equipment and livestock advice thrown around, especially to newbies, that could be streamlined and clarified if we had Tank Size displayed in profiles.

Perhaps a few basic categories to choose from as your "default" tank?
Nano
<50 gal
3' 50-100 gal
4' 50-100 gal
4' 100-150 gal
5' 100-150 gal
6' >150 gal
8' >150-300 gal
8' >300 gal
Monster
Too Many
 
Wow … was hoping size didn't matter. o_O But seriously ... that might not be a bad idea. Bigger isn't always better … sometime more difficult to have success with smaller tanks … but it could help when trying to relate statements/experiences to your own tank. A step saver instead of heading to member's profile. :)
 
Great idea! Until the option is added, I have now taken to add basic info of my tank in my signature. :3 That could work for everyone too.
 
I feel like if this was a thing, if we could enter our own tank size kind of like the signature, would be even better. Especially for those folks who have oddball size tanks. Mines a 6 footer, but is 230 gallons for example.
 
Some have multiple tanks .....
I have no issue with Multiple Tanks being a choice. I myself fall more into the Too Many category I listed in the opening post, but Multiple Tanks works too. It doesn't have to be perfect, I just believe there's some large, low-hanging fruit to pick.
 
I like the idea! Not sure how hard it would be to implement. I'll run it up the ladder. :cool:
 
I feel that most reefers say the size of their tank in their build threads. Not to mention that if you are looking at the build thread then you just have to look at the forum it is in.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new