Can you help me identify these brain corals?

SomeWobbles

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2024
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
Location
Germany
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, do you know this coral? I think they are Acanthastrea Pachysepta but im not sure at all and google also isn't helpful. Thank you for your suggestions.

20240722_174440.jpg 20240722_174420.jpg
 
Hello everyone, do you know this coral? I think they are Acanthastrea Pachysepta but im not sure at all and google also isn't helpful. Thank you for your suggestions.

20240722_174440.jpg 20240722_174420.jpg
Looks like a Lobophyllia to me but @encrustingacro will be best to get a true ID.
 
Ahhh I don’t know they change the names of things and reclassify them every few years lol

What you have had <formerly> lobophyllia

Acanthastrea Pachysepta is a reclassification that includes some things that are formerly lobophyllia. Or maybe all things formerly lobophyllia. I don’t know…they (and I don’t even know who “they” are) don’t make it easy to keep track of

And I’m a lobophyllia collector and now I don’t even know what the true names are for the ones I have. They are all lobo to me lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new