Can you lay a dosing pump on it's side?

  • Thread starter Thread starter japicka
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

japicka

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2025
Messages
37
Reaction score
8
Location
Raleigh
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a Reef Factory Dosing pump, and for the most part I like the pump so far. That being said I would love to find the engineer that thought of the placement of the dc power input and smack him around some.

So my question is this can you just lay your dosing pump on it's side? Say like below? or does it have to be with the pump nibs facing downward?

thumbnail_IMG_2008.jpg
 
I think so, yes. My line of reasoning is that the liquid doesn't drain from the lines, so the orientation isn't particularly relevant.
 
My Jebao is sideways. The pump volume should not change from the orientation
 
Ok thanks for all the replies, I thought it would be ok and work...but for some reason in my head I thought it might damage the pump.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new