Can you tell when I put my Co2 scrubber on

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fresh air pumped into my skimmer and mine stays pretty high.

pH Up.PNG
Looks exactly like mine

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's 5 gallons for $87. BRS sells a 9 gallon jug for $50.

A Co2 scrubber worked wonders for me but living in a NYC apartment with my wife and 2 kids I was exhausting media quickly. I ended up running a line from my skimmer to outside and I got a similar effect.

Never mind this comment, I messed up gallons to pounds.

31 pounds for $80 - dang that's cheap. If I found the media this cheap I would have kept at it.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind this comment, I messed up gallons to pounds.

31 pounds for $80 - dang that's cheap. If I found the media this cheap I would have kept at it.
I was just checking to see if I misread their page lol
I thought it was nine pounds

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a 3lb bag in the pic though, I'm not sure if the weight of a 5 gallon pail

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a 3lb bag in the pic though, I'm not sure if the weight of a 5 gallon pail
I'm still not sure why they show a 3lbs bag for the 5 gallon container. It's been that way for years now.

This is what I got about a year ago ordering 5 gallons or about 36lbs

fbe527fe05cfdd7dd53f1e02b92b45c3.jpg

1ec1a5e57f3e124972a0e5367c061e06.jpg

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're either pulling air through the scrubber(s) (is that two?), or collection cup? This is probably the most sophisticated CO2 scrubber I've seen! How big is your system?

Sorry, just saw your question... yes, through the cup or through the scrubber. The Lifereef is a venturi skimmer and they route the air intake to the cup so that is draws moist air to keep the venturi clean. I wanted to keep that feature but I also wanted to use my scrubber, hence the 3-way valve. It really saves on media and keeps the ph pretty steady. The only reason I run 2 canisters of scrubber media is so that I can use up every bit of the media and still always have a minimum amount to function. The 1st canister (there are 3 total) is actually just carbon - my fish room is in my laundry room so I was worried about all the stinky stuff my wife uses affecting the tank. (I guess she would say I'm the one using stinky stuff) :D Current system is 100g, but I'm in the process of upgrading to a 180.

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, just saw your question... yes, through the cup or through the scrubber. The Lifereef is a venturi skimmer and they route the air intake to the cup so that is draws moist air to keep the venturi clean. I wanted to keep that feature but I also wanted to use my scrubber, hence the 3-way valve. It really saves on media and keeps the ph pretty steady. The only reason I run 2 canisters of scrubber media is so that I can use up every bit of the media and still always have a minimum amount to function. The 1st canister (there are 3 total) is actually just carbon - my fish room is in my laundry room so I was worried about all the stinky stuff my wife uses affecting the tank. (I guess she would say I'm the one using stinky stuff) :D Current system is 100g, but I'm in the process of upgrading to a 180.
Very nice! Once I get more space I'll hopefully end up with a setup like yours. It looks very efficient :)

rck329

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Once I get more space I'll hopefully end up with a setup like yours. It looks very efficient :)
Thanks! When I was installing everything I began to think to myself "you really like to complicate things." But in all honesty, it's been very reliable and very easy to maintain. Just watch the color, when one canister is exhausted just take it off, refill and rotate them. Takes 5 minutes every 2-3 weeks.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 27 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 96 65.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back