OP
saltybees

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First acro, not sure what it is. Some new hippos and pinwheels for the garden

9173C682-DB33-4DEE-AD0E-9FC5E13CDAF6.jpeg 1B75C88F-B895-4D1D-A738-EE48CAAFE234.jpeg

Last edited:

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluval Evo 13.5 build

stock lights
Stock return
AI Nero 3
Hydor 425
Tunze 3152 ato
Bleach cured rock
10lbs Fiji pink+2ish lbs of crushed aragonite
DIY media basket with filter floss, carbon and purigen.

the Nero is a newer addition (excellent power head for nano tank ime so far.)I’ll post a newer pic in the coming days, tank was cycled end of sept 2020.

SG 1.025
Temp 78
Mag 1400
Calk 400
Alk 9
(having to dose 2 part to keep up; I’m assuming the coralline growth is main culprit along with an extremely fast growing red cap monti.)

weekly water changes 2-3 gallons with IO salt.

looking to upgrade to AI prime for lighting and maybe a sicce 1.0 return in the near future.

EC67062C-DEE3-4C42-94BC-53C97DEE9C58.jpeg
Any details on that custom chamber 1 basket please?

OP
OP
saltybees

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any details on that custom chamber 1 basket please?
Made out of egg crate, i used zip ties to keep it together. I had to cut the egg crate down the middle squares on the side facing the overflow since that extra plastic spine is in there for the skimmer. I’ll take a pic of it tomorrow during my water change.

just filter floss on top, I change that every week. second is a tablespoon of carbon I change every month, third is about 250ml of purigen..I’ll change it when it’s exhausted or every 6 months. I had matrix on the bottom but there wasn’t enough flow throughout the chambers with the stock return pump so I just took it out.

I blocked off all but the 2 bottom slats on the chamber wall in between chamber 1 and 2 to increase flow and make sure the water is running through the media.

OP
OP
saltybees

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning on putting the matrix back in if you upgrade the return pump?
I don’t think so, i have enough rock/sand..I notice there’s quite a bit of detritus that can build up in there and I feel like it would just be a nuisance trying to keep it clean. I’ll just keep it empty.

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made out of egg crate, i used zip ties to keep it together. I had to cut the egg crate down the middle squares on the side facing the overflow since that extra plastic spine is in there for the skimmer. I’ll take a pic of it tomorrow during my water change.

just filter floss on top, I change that every week. second is a tablespoon of carbon I change every month, third is about 250ml of purigen..I’ll change it when it’s exhausted or every 6 months. I had matrix on the bottom but there wasn’t enough flow throughout the chambers with the stock return pump so I just took it out.

I blocked off all but the 2 bottom slats on the chamber wall in between chamber 1 and 2 to increase flow and make sure the water is running through the media.
Thanks mate

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! My girlfriend and I both picked one Evo each. We're slowly starting to break down our bio cube. After having the sicce 1.0 in the cube we pulled it and compared flow with the stock return. What a difference. Also picked up a random flow generator from fragbox. Can't wait to see more!

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! My girlfriend and I both picked one Evo each. We're slowly starting to break down our bio cube. After having the sicce 1.0 in the cube we pulled it and compared flow with the stock return. What a difference. Also picked up a random flow generator from fragbox. Can't wait to see more!
fragbox is great store. never been insied but all corals i ordered are great

OP
OP
saltybees

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fragbox is great store. never been insied but all corals i ordered are great
Only place I’ll order from online. Always impressed. Had an order from them delayed 24 hours because of the shipper and still no issues with the corals.

The fish are from new dawn in Edmonton and I would order from them again, but not as much selection for corals.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only place I’ll order from online. Always impressed. Had an order from them delayed 24 hours because of the shipper and still no issues with the corals.

The fish are from new dawn in Edmonton and I would order from them again, but not as much selection for corals.
I remember looking at New Dawn aquaculture when I wanted a captive bred mando, never ended up ordering. But fragbox is great, only problem i had was when I was trying to send back some pods and didnt open the box for a few days and they were all dead, but that was my fault.
Plus i got a 50% off my order coupon on my last order so :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back