Canary Blenny barely moving and not eating

nooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I got a Canary Blenny 3 days ago. Seems to be either very young or sick as it's yellow color is faded and less then a inch long. It currently at night goes intoy rock work during the day it sits on sand bed in the back corner. I been trying to feed it with copepods, pellets but they seem to big,freeze dried brine shrimp (sadly don't live near a local store that sells frozen) I also do dose plankton. Any suggestions and how long can they go with out eating I just hope he does eat plankton or the copepods.

20240107_144200.jpg

OP
OP
N

nooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been 24 hours.
Any change?

He’s an omnivore so not sure what he thinks of pellet foods. Krill, Mysis and brine should work well.
So he was moving a bit yesterday. I noticed he goes in some of the rock work. Today did not see him once, I do have cover on my tank so no way he jumped out.

OP
OP
N

nooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the color or the fish type that draws you to it? I could offer a few alternatives for you if you're worried about it
Yes I was specifically looking for a yellow colored fish for a 25 Gallon Tank. As the store I get my fish only had this and tangs at the time in stock.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was specifically looking for a yellow colored fish for a 25 Gallon Tank. As the store I get my fish only had this and tangs at the time in stock.
My recommendation for a yellow fish at that tank size would be yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp pairing. You could also do a yellow clown goby. They are a little tough to get eating too but much much easier than a canary blenny. Do you want the whole fish to be yellow or just a bit of it? If just a bit your options open up. A royal gramma would probably be happy in a 25 gallon tank as long as it had a nice rock tunnel to live in.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally though I'd do the watchman goby. Especially at that tank size you'd see them a lot, and the holes they live in with symbiotically with pistol shrimp are so cool. Heres mind Ive had for almost 6 years. Id consider getting a lid tho as they occasionally jump
1000004329.jpg

OP
OP
N

nooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally though I'd do the watchman goby. Especially at that tank size you'd see them a lot, and the holes they live in with symbiotically with pistol shrimp are so cool. Heres mind Ive had for almost 6 years. Id consider getting a lid tho as they occasionally jump
1000004329.jpg
Ok ill consider this for next time, thanks for the suggestion

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back