Keep it or not ?!! Midas Blenny

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all !
I'm actually questioning myself about my Midas blenny, he's my favorite fish of my reef, but I don't know if he's really happy ?
My tank is a Waterbox 20gal cube, mixed reef, and tank mates are :
2 clownfish
1 little sixline wrasse (no more than 1in)
1 green clown goby (warpaint)
1 tiny baby cleaner shrimp
And my lovely Midas blenny

Here's a short video of him, he swim like this all day long, and he eat like a pig ! (He's like a dog, et begging me for food every time he see me)
All fishes are fine together, no aggression or chasing.

Yea I know I'm posting here like please someone tell me it's fine.. but I want the real thing and know if he looks happy or not !

Thank you all !

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all !
I'm actually questioning myself about my Midas blenny, he's my favorite fish of my reef, but I don't know if he's really happy ?
My tank is a Waterbox 20gal cube, mixed reef, and tank mates are :
2 clownfish
1 little sixline wrasse (no more than 1in)
1 green clown goby (warpaint)
1 tiny baby cleaner shrimp
And my lovely Midas blenny

Here's a short video of him, he swim like this all day long, and he eat like a pig ! (He's like a dog, et begging me for food every time he see me)
All fishes are fine together, no aggression or chasing.

Yea I know I'm posting here like please someone tell me it's fine.. but I want the real thing and know if he looks happy or not !

Thank you all !

Sorry - I don't see a video attached. Here is an issue that I posted about Midas blennies:

OP
OP
JcK03

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - I don't see a video attached. Here is an issue that I posted about Midas blennies:

I don't know why it doesn't work for the video.. but I don't have any real issue with him, he's yellow bright color, eating really fine (3 times a day) it's just he's way of swimming make me wondering if he's happy, sometimes he swim frenetic, right and left of the same side of the tank, I don't know if this can be a sign he don't have have enough space ? Or this can be a normal behaviour of this fish ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why it doesn't work for the video.. but I don't have any real issue with him, he's yellow bright color, eating really fine (3 times a day) it's just he's way of swimming make me wondering if he's happy, sometimes he swim frenetic, right and left of the same side of the tank, I don't know if this can be a sign he don't have have enough space ? Or this can be a normal behaviour of this fish ?

Midas blennies are open water swimmers, but they lack air bladders. That means they expend a lot of energy staying up in the water column. That activity is normal, but if they get thin, that's a huge issue....

OP
OP
JcK03

JcK03

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

But for sure he's not skinny, pretty fat guy haha

Attachments

• 20240330_175152.jpg
    20240330_175152.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 20240330_175223.jpg
    20240330_175223.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back