Canary blenny eye weirdness

toadstool_paradise

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
588
Reaction score
506
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got this super tiny baby canary blenny yesterday I noticed something was a little off regarding its right side eye. I realized today he can’t see well in that eye and it doesn’t move and rotate like the left one. The pupil is perpetually stuck in the downward position (see pics). He is eating like a pig and can see fine out of the left eye, just wondering if this maybe can heal?

not popped out or hazy or anything, just “funky”. His name is Banana, hoping his eye can heal!

1B25C0FD-F3B3-4DF0-8E60-8F8FC7A0BFD3.jpeg A7DDD7CB-ED8E-4D63-AC3C-09006187ADAB.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    23.7 MB
When I got this super tiny baby canary blenny yesterday I noticed something was a little off regarding its right side eye. I realized today he can’t see well in that eye and it doesn’t move and rotate like the left one. The pupil is perpetually stuck in the downward position (see pics). He is eating like a pig and can see fine out of the left eye, just wondering if this maybe can heal?

not popped out or hazy or anything, just “funky”. His name is Banana, hoping his eye can heal!

1B25C0FD-F3B3-4DF0-8E60-8F8FC7A0BFD3.jpeg A7DDD7CB-ED8E-4D63-AC3C-09006187ADAB.jpeg
Did this fish have popeye or a significant injury?
 
Another close up of the damaged eye on Banana.
 

Attachments

  • 0DF37CF8-F1C1-4602-8A92-99C2F15459AA.jpeg
    0DF37CF8-F1C1-4602-8A92-99C2F15459AA.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 52
can also be netting damage from capture prior to ship- Report ASAP to shipper
Do you think it might heal? From what I can tell he can’t see at all from that eye. When I motion toward his bad eye no reaction, when I motion toward the good eye he darts away. So I’m assuming no sight. It doesn’t bother me too much but I was curious on if that might be permanent.
 
Do you think it might heal? From what I can tell he can’t see at all from that eye. When I motion toward his bad eye no reaction, when I motion toward the good eye he darts away. So I’m assuming no sight. It doesn’t bother me too much but I was curious on if that might be permanent.
I have very high doubt. Will it survive and be able to eat- Yes. Ive seen many with one eye function normally
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new