Candy cane coral being eaten ?

Looney Tunes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2026
Messages
23
Reaction score
5
Location
phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not sure but it looks like it was being nipped on? I do have an emerald crab just not sure what else ?

IMG_1066.jpeg IMG_1067.jpeg IMG_1040.jpeg
 
emerald crabs and even large hermit crabs can and will eat candy canes and other LPS, I have witnessed it firsthand. They will even eat the skeleton. Not saying that's what's happening to you without clear evidence, but it is certainly possible.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new