OP
OP
wrasseman_joe

wrasseman_joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really cool one of a hermit stuck upside down and every time he would get far enough out to try and flip himself over something would come by and he would hide, he worked on flipping back over for an hour. I lost the video though I think.

OP
OP
wrasseman_joe

wrasseman_joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did substance abuse and ptsd residential treatment for a while, then acute psych, few years of med surg and tele, now I have a cush outpatient clinic job, all with the va. How about you?

OP
OP
wrasseman_joe

wrasseman_joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being on night shift and weekends has made my wife and kiddo a lot happier

Scrappy RN

I'm your Huckleberry!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a little bit of everything in hospitals and MD offices before RN then started in a Level 1 ER right out of school. I loved it and lived the adrenaline charged night shift for years. Then started getting old and broken down and moved to ICU, lol! Did that for a while but missed the pace of ER but not the physical drain. So I took a House Sup. job at night --which I loved also BUT like you the family wasn't loving me still being on nights and doing every other weekend. Plus I was ready to help shape our hospital into a better place by that time and took a nurse manager position over a med-surg floor. My whole goal is to make the job as easy for the bedside staff as possible while still giving that "excellent care" that HCAHPS ask about, lol!

I'm less than a year into that and still love getting up and going in. My department is thriving. Dayshift switch was hard after doing nights for over 25 years!! (Previous career included) but the Mon-Fri life is AWESOME!!!! And the flexibility of management makes up for the added mental stresses, lol.

OP
OP
wrasseman_joe

wrasseman_joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, done it all! Days make you feel like a totally different person, and I'd imagine after 25 years it's even more of an impact. This was the first 4th of July I've had off for 6 years as a nurse. And working for the fed there are 11 payed holidays per year yeeeah! I loved med surg but it wore me out and we were grossly understaffed until a new chief came in and fixed it right after I left.

OP
OP
wrasseman_joe

wrasseman_joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did an interesting switch on our ms, they went to giving report at the bedside to involve the patient more

Scrappy RN

I'm your Huckleberry!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, done it all! Days make you feel like a totally different person, and I'd imagine after 25 years it's even more of an impact. This was the first 4th of July I've had off for 6 years as a nurse. And working for the fed there are 11 payed holidays per year yeeeah! I loved med surg but it wore me out and we were grossly understaffed until a new chief came in and fixed it right after I left.
Me too!! First July 4th off EVER I think!
We have a new CNO that has made a huge difference too. I wouldn't have taken this job without upper support like that.
They did an interesting switch on our ms, they went to giving report at the bedside to involve the patient more

Yep, we're preaching that too. It got mixed reviews when we first rolled it out but it really can create good dialogue and has been known to prevent several medical errors!! So it's a good thing!

Take care and good night!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 90 49.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back