Canon 5D3

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone using the new Canon 5D3 or Canon 1DX to shoot their fish or coral would love to see some pictures with this new body as I have it on my upgrade list ...

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are insane camera's if you ask me if its just for fish its alot of camera for just that. If you are not knowledgeable with the camera it can end up in your case as a 4-8K paper weight, Especially those cameras people get lost in all the settings and bells and do-dads. I Have the DX and it is hands down one of the best cameras out there, will you be using it just for your tank?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to own one of the two, personally, $6,799 for the 1d-x is a great price considering what it can do, and that it is full frame, but theres nothing wrong with the 1d Mark IV. Who is HONESTLY going to use 12-14 FPS aside from Olympic photographers and professional studio users who work constantly??? Even though it will be a MAJOR improvment to the 10 FPS of the 1d Mark III and the 1d Mark IV, there isn't a need for the camera to even do that much for a regular shooter who does portraits, weddings, and personal photography. I thought it was going to be a have to buy, but when I seriously sat down and thought about it, there isn't a need for me to purchase the camera for any means.

The 5d Mark III is another story though. This camera is very awesome. But its upgrades from the Mark II, for me, don't justify he $1,500 price upgrade. If one was doing a ton of weddings, then this camera would be the GO TO camera along with a 70-200 f/2.8 IS and a 24-70 on a 5d Mark II or a 7d IMHO. THe 5d3 is probably going to be a camera I save up for, I currently only have the 7d gripped with a couple L lenses, however, I'm stongly considering purchasing the 5d3, pairing it with my 70-200 and the 7d with the 24-70, or vise versa, depending on how I feel with each lens on each camera. I just have to convince myself that the 5d Mark II isnt the camera I need, and I will probably wait till they perish the 5d Mark II before I get the 5d3. (I dont like using gear they dont make anymore, ignorant, but true).

For aquarium photography, I think the 60D is the best camera because its got so many "user friendly" features like the articulating screen, its basiclly a suped up rebel that offers a lot for the price.

OP
OP
RogerWilco357

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mainly shoot family events and my kids, also like to do portraits, school events and my kids Senior Pics..I use the 7D for outside events and the 5D2 for portraits and landscapes both bodies with the 70-200mk2 and the 85Lmk2 with pocket wizards and the 540ex2 and 430ex2 but want to upgrade to the 5D3 and the new flash units just not sure if it is worth the trouble and cost at least not yet maybe if they come down in price 2 bodies vs one body. oh and i shoot my tank with the tamron 90mm

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, but I got my Nikon D4 in March and just got my Nikon D800 a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to taking some pics with the D800. I don't have a tank at the moment, but I know a couple people that do. Gonna have to take a trip. :D

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 4 8.2%
Back