Canopy with no actual Top

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Canopy Build.

I want to build a canopy without an actual top….mainly for heat dissipation. More or less thinking of an open rectangle with the lights actually mounted to DIY rails that you can’t see from the outside. Doors on the front for tank access. Also would like the ability to raise the entire thing up and out of the way for tank maintenance on some sort of pulley system or something. Anyone done this and have any input, suggestions, and PICS??? Thanks

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Canopy Build.

I want to build a canopy without an actual top….mainly for heat dissipation. More or less thinking of an open rectangle with the lights actually mounted to DIY rails that you can’t see from the outside. Doors on the front for tank access. Also would like the ability to raise the entire thing up and out of the way for tank maintenance on some sort of pulley system or something. Anyone done this and have any input, suggestions, and PICS??? Thanks
Sorry about the pic. I took this to our in a warranty claim that the white lights had gone out in my strip light. As you can see I have a floating canopy with no top. A single brace runs across it that the lights are mounted too.
1714493913319.jpeg
20210226_201330.jpg

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Canopy Build.

Building something like that now. Basically the standard canopy design but instead of all wood the top and back panel will be screen, using a 1x1.5" frame to keep it rigid and give a mounting surface for the screen.

OP
OP
C

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the look of having a canopy, so I DO prefer the canopy to actually sit on top of the tank. Just looking for something a bit different I guess.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back