Can't decide lights !

Katze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to get lighting for my L130cm*H50cm*W50cm tank.
LPS-Zoa-easy to mid SPS oriented tank
I can buy:

Budget: 300$/fixture with SOME exceptions

2x Radion G3-4 for 275$ without any arms so that's extra cost.
2x Maxspect Jump 248$
2x AI Prime 16HD 220$ same, no arms

What would you choose ?
I'd love to hear other choices aswell !

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know your location but 2x Noopsyche K7 Pro with mounting arms are just under $340 shipped, total. Use promo code R2R at checkout.

TheSheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to get lighting for my L130cm*H50cm*W50cm tank.
LPS-Zoa-easy to mid SPS oriented tank
I can buy:

Budget: 300$/fixture with SOME exceptions

2x Radion G3-4 for 275$ without any arms so that's extra cost.
2x Maxspect Jump 248$
2x AI Prime 16HD 220$ same, no arms

What would you choose ?
I'd love to hear other choices aswell !
There are so many things you could do: T5's if you like a whiter spectrum (probably the cheapest and best option in terms of growth), Some noopsyche lights, amazon lights, etc. IMO Radions and AI Primes are overpriced lights. Also, the lense on the 16HD Melts ;)

OP
OP
K

Katze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know your location but 2x Noopsyche K7 Pro with mounting arms are just under $340 shipped, total. Use promo code R2R at checkout.
There are so many things you could do: T5's if you like a whiter spectrum (probably the cheapest and best option in terms of growth), Some noopsyche lights, amazon lights, etc. IMO Radions and AI Primes are overpriced lights. Also, the lense on the 16HD Melts ;)
I'll take those into consideration. I decided to go LED only because of the bulb switching and long-term cost. Since if I want to sell a t5 fixture I can never get any money back from the used t5 bulbs. While I have an LED it keeps it's cost.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is basically the same as mine
Use this. Even light all the way across the tank. Modern look. Comes with the mounting kit parts for tank mount or hanging. It can grow anything. And on sale for 600 which is same as 2x300

These days I keep LPS. I have a thread separately with tons of tank pics of you want to see what corals look like under it. More forum members pics here

This is also the light used all over the battlecorals facility

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Katze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use this. Even light all the way across the tank. Modern look. Comes with the mounting kit parts for tank mount or hanging. It can grow anything. And on sale for 600 which is same as 2x300

These days I keep LPS. I have a thread separately with tons of tank pics of you want to see what corals look like under it. More forum members pics here

Unfortunately they don't ship to me (Hungary) So I can't buy it but the price is very good, It'd be perfect. And I would love to have one since I know the light, but so far they were rather pricey.

OP
OP
K

Katze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I may contact them, maybe they can ship if I ask nicely :thinking-face:

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you will struggle with just 2 light fixtures on a 130cm tank, you can always add the corals in the middle of the tank, when funds allow add another light then start adding corals at the ends.

From those listed I would go for either the radions or the AI’s…check the costs of the arms, go with the cheapest.

Last edited:

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the sales going on right now. I would shop new lighting system first as some have pointed out some sweet deals in your budget

OP
OP
K

Katze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the sales going on right now. I would shop new lighting system first as some have pointed out some sweet deals in your budget
Yeah, I know. But a lot of suppliers just won't ship. I'm seeking for ones that can be done, for now the ReefBreedersV2+ is the most likely of them all.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back