Can't find my clown

McDrummondJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I recently got a long tipped anemone and was so excited when my clownfish began to host. However, this morning I when I woke up I only can find one clownfish do you think the anemone would have eaten one?
1621088231918-1805679313.jpg

OP
OP
M

McDrummondJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have looked everywhere I can. The only unfortunate part of having so much rock is that when I'm missing a fish it's next to impossible to rule anything out.
20210507_230934.jpg

OP
OP
M

McDrummondJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good news How far down? At the end of the day, could just drain that overflow until you can net it hard to get them though I was just reading another thread on here where a guy used a water bottle cut a hole in the side of it put food in it and waited for him to swim in

That's good news How far down? At the end of the day, could just drain that overflow until you can net it.
I've been trying to net him for the last 10 minutes. I just seen another thread on here where a guy used a water bottle with a hole cut in the side and food in the bottom of it, he pushed it down inside of the Overflow and waited for the fish to swim in and pulled it up with a string. I might try that

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it was trying to run away with the circus.
That happened to me once with a firefish. I finally spooked it bad enough by trying to net it that he jumped up, over my head and did a swan dive miraculously back in the tank.
I knew someone else that pulled the durso pipe to make the whole overflow go full siphon and sucked the fish into the sump - they trapped it in the filter sock.
Not sure either method was a good method but we got our fish back.

Finallysalty80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id check the floor very well before blaming the anenome, but it's a possibility. I've had fish hide for days, not clowns though.
I can second checking the floor good....last night in fact I couldn't find one of the clowns anywhere...couple hours later found him on floor behind the tank. Sadly, he must have jumped when I was doing tank maintenance and accidentally hit the "high beams" on the lights.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back