Can't quite figure this out? Help needed.

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So after a month of so of fighting with my reef, I have a few LPS that I just simply can't get to do anything.

I went ahead and did an ICP this week. Nothing was out of the green in the ICP test except Silicon and Iodine.

Lighting 3 XR15 G5 Pro's. 2 AI Blade Grow (Par on sandbed range from 135-170)

Nitrate - 7.7 (Hanna)
Phos .037
Salinity 35
Calc 415
Mag 1439
Alk 8.4 (Hanna)

Iodine was low.

pH 7.8-8ish (night-daytime) pH is notoriously low in my basement in the winter vs summer.
Silicon was a little elevated (still within range, but higher than my last ICP). Might need to replace my RO filters, it's been over a year.

Triton suggested to raise calcium and iodine.

Any suggestions? Everything testing wise seems good.

OP
OP
R

Reefin' Alaska

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What exactly do you expect your lps corals to do in just a month? Or what issues are you having with them?

Polyp extention on both my Alveopora is not what it once was. Acan's are not nearly as "puffy". (this is the worst one, one of them is clearly shrinking). I don't expect them to do anything in a month, but the in comparison to when I got them, you can see regression.

Although, my zoa's are seemingly doing just fine. 5 has multiplied into about 10 on both frags that were given to me. Lol.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO both of those corals are a bit fussy, or at least that's what I tell myself because they don't survive nearly as well as my other sps and lps corals.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp extention on both my Alveopora is not what it once was. Acan's are not nearly as "puffy". (this is the worst one, one of them is clearly shrinking). I don't expect them to do anything in a month, but the in comparison to when I got them, you can see regression.

Although, my zoa's are seemingly doing just fine. 5 has multiplied into about 10 on both frags that were given to me. Lol.
Still need photos...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back