Cant setup Apex???

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a used Apex EL today and am having some difficulties. I plugged the unit in, made some clicking noises (is that normal?) then after that did the color changes and both the bar and base unit turned solid orange. I followed the setup online but get stuck when trying to connect to the apex setup_XXXX network. It simply does not show up on the wifi network on my pc or my phone. Am I doing something wrong? I tried with a ethernet cable not light changes, just a solid orange (it said it would cange from orange to blue and back to orange or something like that). The ethernet port lights are green and orange so I think that is getting a signal. I tried doing the apex.local thing but it says "apex.local’s server IP address could not be found". Im really confused and could use some help.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the light is orange, then it's not in WiFi Setup mode. Since this is a used Apex, you should first do a factory reset so the rest of the Getting Started instructions will match what you have.

Use a paperclip to press the Reset button on the Apex for about 30 seconds until the logo light turns red, then release the paperclip. After that it should cycle through all the colors and turn blue. From there, follow the instructions linked above.

Also, see this FAQ about transferring a used Apex: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?7399-Transfering-an-Apex-To-or-From-Someone-Else

OP
OP
Krixic

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the light is orange, then it's not in WiFi Setup mode. Since this is a used Apex, you should first do a factory reset so the rest of the Getting Started instructions will match what you have.

Use a paperclip to press the Reset button on the Apex for about 30 seconds until the logo light turns red, then release the paperclip. After that it should cycle through all the colors and turn blue. From there, follow the instructions linked above.

Also, see this FAQ about transferring a used Apex: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?7399-Transfering-an-Apex-To-or-From-Someone-Else
Sorry but where is the reset button? I literally cant find it anywhere :p

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but where is the reset button? I literally cant find it anywhere :p

It's the small hole on the back of the Apex:

APEX_el_IMG_2170_callouts_sm-1-600x431.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back