Captain America palys...

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw, come on, dude. No need to be so bitter so fast, although I can understand how aggrivating it can be when packages don't go where they're supposed to.

Like rev said, it looks like it should be fine. It'll come around--it's barely acclimated. Don't freak out and go saying hurtful, reactionary things before it's all settled.

Why are you so bitter, anyway? What you got against me? You've never even met me, and you got the story SO wrong. You're gonna write me off just because I bought a paly you were excited about too?

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw, come on, dude. No need to be so bitter so fast, although I can understand how aggrivating it can be when packages don't go where they're supposed to.

Like rev said, it looks like it should be fine. It'll come around--it's barely acclimated. Don't freak out and go saying hurtful, reactionary things before it's all settled.

Why are you so bitter, anyway? What you got against me? You've never even met me, and you got the story SO wrong. You're gonna write me off just because I bought a paly you were excited about too?

The only thing I am upset with about you is that on the other place you posted that you'd "just go and email WWC and offer them more money and have my auction cancelled". Please dont deny saying that because you went back and edited all your posts so I wont be able to bring it up anyway. That was a little messed up. Apart from that no qualms. And with WWC I just felt mislead because on their post IN THE FORUMS where I followed the link. They wrote last frag left and thats the only reason I bid. Because it was the last frag left. If I knew there would be more frags I'd just have waited. And I really have no problems with anybody. Im a chill person. I just dont like being given the shaft, I dont think anybody does.

And for all you of saying that the auction didnt say last frag left. Forgive me for trusting the word of one of our sponsors.

lastfragleft.jpg

Last edited:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I see that now about WWC. It does say that. I never saw that thread before the auction ended. I saw the ebay auction first while perusing, and the auction itself didn't say that. To give WWC *some* credit, they told me they weren't going to sell anymore, they meant to keep the rest. When they posted that, it probably was true. They have the right to change their minds.

I will say that you have the story wrong on me again though. You have mis-paraphrased me and shouldn't put that in quotes. Perhaps I should have left it so I couldn't be mis-quoted. FOREMOST, I NEVER suggested that I would cancel your bid or the auction. I simply intended to see if I could acquire some frags outside of auction. I knew it was irregular, but I felt it was the best option, given the mishap on ebay. If you read my post on TCMAS, you should know that I intended to bid and win that auction at any cost. My computer got blocked out, so I tried to remedy an upsetting situation. I delted my posts at the other forum because I don't like people getting their dander all up, and I felt no desire to give fodder for any unpleasantness, nor did I want there to be any mis-understandings of the situation. Like you said, I didn't want you do be able to bring it up. It's not necessary or productive. I'm not hiding, I came forward right away as the one with the other two.

In the end, this worked out better for you. Had I won the ebay auction, I would have bought any remaining polyps, and then you would have had none. Not because I was being mean, but because I feel that palys do best when you can get a few polyps to start with. Mortality is much greater on single-polyp frags. You have a polyp, and you are one of the few. Don't worry, be happy.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I see that now about WWC. It does say that. I never saw that thread before the auction ended. I saw the ebay auction first while perusing, and the auction itself didn't say that. To give WWC *some* credit, they told me they weren't going to sell anymore, they meant to keep the rest. When they posted that, it probably was true. They have the right to change their minds.

I will say that you have the story wrong on me again though. You have mis-paraphrased me and shouldn't put that in quotes. Perhaps I should have left it so I couldn't be mis-quoted. FOREMOST, I NEVER suggested that I would cancel your bid or the auction. I simply intended to see if I could acquire some frags outside of auction. I knew it was irregular, but I felt it was the best option, given the mishap on ebay. If you read my post on TCMAS, you should know that I intended to bid and win that auction at any cost. My computer got blocked out, so I tried to remedy an upsetting situation. I delted my posts at the other forum because I don't like people getting their dander all up, and I felt no desire to give fodder for any unpleasantness, nor did I want there to be any mis-understandings of the situation. Like you said, I didn't want you do be able to bring it up. It's not necessary or productive. I'm not hiding, I came forward right away as the one with the other two.

In the end, this worked out better for you. Had I won the ebay auction, I would have bought any remaining polyps, and then you would have had none. Not because I was being mean, but because I feel that palys do best when you can get a few polyps to start with. Mortality is much greater on single-polyp frags. You have a polyp, and you are one of the few. Don't worry, be happy.

If you really wanted to make sure that you won the auction and since you did in fact have a friend who was funding your project with "unlimited" funds. Why not just set your maximum bet to $500, or even $1000? Surely, I am not so crazy that I would go ahead and tango with you up there. And as far as Im concerned browsers do not just randomly shut down with a message "Closing down for maintenance". Been in the computer field since 1995 and have never ever heard of that happening. And then you logged on from another computer and yet again ebay screwed you! If you had set your maximum bid from the start you wouldnt have had to worry now would you.

Anyways this isnt really about you and I as much as it was about my misinterpretation of the entire thing. Next time I decide to bid on an auction through a link on this site I'll just have to hire an attorney to cross check everything for me. :angry:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's fair, and I think we can drop this now.

I'll just say, with regard to ebay, that I don't like placing my max. bid right away. As most experienced ebayers do, I like to snipe the auction at the end to avoid ratcheting up the bid early on and attracting more attention. While I might have been willing to spend $500 for the polyp, I would always prefer to get it for less. Given that a couple of bidders kept-warring with each other WAY before the auction ended, with more than 30 bids before the end, I didn't want them tallying against me. Also, ebay gives auctions with more bids higher prominence on the site, so more bids mean more attention and likelihood of more big spenders. I'd rather not go that route.

As to the browser, never seen it before either. It was weird.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update everyone. Its looking alot better than before. It'll be fine :::slaps captain america on the back:::. I guess mine took a bigger hit than everyone else's. :D

ca1.jpg

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too rich for my blood...I'm just a poor duty disabled police officer tying to get by on 1/2 pay...however I'm still here so I am blessed and it doesn't cost anything to dream. I am happy for you...:smile:

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too rich for my blood...I'm just a poor duty disabled police officer tying to get by on 1/2 pay...however I'm still here so I am blessed and it doesn't cost anything to dream. I am happy for you...:smile:

Thank you for protecting us sheep! You rock and Im sure your tank does also! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's mine... just got it yesterday... still ticked off for being out in the cold til 2 or 3pm... finally was able to put it in the tank around 4:45 pm... :)

03-04-09_CaptAmerica.jpg

Flash
03-04-09_CaptAmericaFL.jpg

I'll update the pic later on when it's fully happy... :D

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Welcome to the club, heh!

BTW, Marvin, I've gotta say I've been seeing that picture in your avatar, and your kid (I'm assuming?) is adorable! Aren't kids great?

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations Marvin.

Mine is looking alot better than it was yesterday but nothing compared to how everyone else's looks.

cap2.jpg

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ give it some time it should look awesome ..

stoneroller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably would have burned up down here! Good luck with El Capitan... nice looking proto.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back