OP
OP
Steve and his Animals

Steve and his Animals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are any of you able to provide a February 2024 update on your multibars? I am very much considering one of these. Also, I haven't fully read through this thread, but what is the QT procedure on these fish? I am a strict QT with copper, but I am guessing that won' work well with CB multibars?
You shouldn't have to QT them if they come straight from Biota, they're from a biosecure facility.

If I'm being honest, I stopped buying them because they all came in smaller than a penny and paper thin. Some I would get eating for a few months, others died within a week. They should really hold onto them for a bit more growth before selling them.

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a shame. My lfs gets them once in a while from Biota and they are much larger than that. I'd have to QT from there tho.

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have to QT them if they come straight from Biota, they're from a biosecure facility.

If I'm being honest, I stopped buying them because they all came in smaller than a penny and paper thin. Some I would get eating for a few months, others died within a week. They should really hold onto them for a bit more growth before selling them.
I got one through an LFS last year, supposed to be 1”+ and eating frozen. Was about a penny as well and thin. Went into its own private 10 gallon that I had allowed to become overrun with pods. It pecked at mass stick a little, and kind of casually went after the pellets it was advertised as eating, along with PE frozen calanus and other crushed frozen foods. After a few weeks I just stopped seeing it. Very disappointing and probably the end of my CB angel purchases until they come in at more reasonable sizes.

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got one through an LFS last year, supposed to be 1”+ and eating frozen. Was about a penny as well and thin. Went into its own private 10 gallon that I had allowed to become overrun with pods. It pecked at mass stick a little, and kind of casually went after the pellets it was advertised as eating, along with PE frozen calanus and other crushed frozen foods. After a few weeks I just stopped seeing it. Very disappointing and probably the end of my CB angel purchases until they come in at more reasonable sizes.
This & This. Biota is doing wonders for the hobby long term. But it’s diminished as soon as they let a >2” angel leave their care.

I really hope they succeed long term. But that has to be an adjustment.

Poma is 2-2.5” before you see an angel leave their facility. They’re all impeccable, FF/dry eating & as advertised when they do.

Maoiwowie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Biota multibar which i have posted on this thread previous is doing fine. I got it at maybe 1.5 inch. Still small and grows slow but is the runt among my 3 other Biota angels that i dont QT. Purchased directly from Biota. All are doing great. I have never lost a biota purchase.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back