I don't want this thread to be another debate about whether captive bred fish are the best thing or the worst thing. No reason to bash all the efforts of people trying to make the hobby more sustainable.
Captive breeding gives people chances to own fish that are difficult or impossible to keep if they are sourced from the wild. Like Tamberav said, multibars almost never make it if you buy a wild one. Maybe one in every 100 eats prepared foods. Does the fact that these angels are captive bred mean they are bullet proof and will eat dry rice if you offer it to them? Of course not, we're talking about juvenile marine angelfish here.
At the store I work at, we've gotten CB yellow tangs from Biota, about five total, and other than the price and size, the fish are almost indistinguishable from the wild ones. Hardy, eat like pigs, great color after a bit of growth, etc. They all live.
The angels are a different story, but my general conclusion is it's not because the fish are bad, it's because they're tiny. If they were the size of a wild one when you bought it, I'm sure it would be just as easy as everyone wants it to be. From the looks of things, however, it seems like these fish are growing surprisingly slowly, so the cost of selling larger specimens would likely be astronomical.
I had literally no success with these captive bred angels, but I put that blame on myself and my husbandry. Next time, I'm buying some of those DKI pellets if it means they'll eat and live. Sometimes it's about finding that one little trick, and it sounds like that's the one from reading other people's experiences.