Captive Bred White Nose Oman Dottyback - Any information?

Nano Reef Guy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 24, 2025
Messages
24
Reaction score
10
Location
Vancouver
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw online from Candy Corals has a new captive bred white nose dottyback from Oman. Apparently, they are rare for the aquarium trade. I also read from AI that they are cave dwellers similar to the sunrise dottyback. Has anyone had one before? How are their behaviours? Anyone with information? I've never seen them in person before.
 
I just looked them up and based on some of the pricing they don't seem that rare but man are they nice looking! I would guess they are like other dottybacks in that the female lays eggs in a cave that is prepared by the male who fertilized them and then guards them until the hatch.

I have a male Indigo and a female orchid dottyback who are a breeding couple and I see the female get nice and "pregnant" and full of eggs and can tell by the male's behavior when she'll lay the eggs and then I dont really see the male for a few days as he's tending to the eggs.
 
I just looked them up and based on some of the pricing they don't seem that rare but man are they nice looking! I would guess they are like other dottybacks in that the female lays eggs in a cave that is prepared by the male who fertilized them and then guards them until the hatch.

I have a male Indigo and a female orchid dottyback who are a breeding couple and I see the female get nice and "pregnant" and full of eggs and can tell by the male's behavior when she'll lay the eggs and then I dont really see the male for a few days as he's tending to the eggs.
I think they are rare. You don't see them around. Lower prices doesn't meam it is not rare. No information on a particular fish usually means rare.
 
I think they are rare. You don't see them around. Lower prices doesn't meam it is not rare. No information on a particular fish usually means rare.
That is true. Either way I would love to snag one they are gorgeous!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new