Captive bred YT…Orangish?

FishTacos2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
115
Reaction score
86
Location
Cali
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Biota YT that is about 3-4 months old. He seems to be very healthy, growing and eating

I feed a variety of pellets including seaweed extreme, mysis, and give nori daily.

Every time my mom comes over she complains that my tang is orange and not yellow like they are in Hawaii.

Any thoughts? Diet? Young age? Captive breeding?
 
Hi, show us a picture of your YT, and we'll see which color it's closest to.
 
20250620_145739.png
 
Lighting can come into play. i have seen a shade of red under certain lighting.
These are my biota with a wild caught Hawaiian. I think their color is pretty similar.
I suppose under natural sunlight in the ocean they would all be a beautiful shade of yellow.

 
My Biota yellow tang is very yellow. But mine is in white light.

Perhaps you have been sucked into the windex zone?

This is mine’s most recent picture, taken close up for other reasons.

1750458340098.jpeg
 
he looks like he's a great yellow
 
he looks like he's a great yellow

I’ve only had him a month, but yes, he is thriving. He came from Dr Reef.

I had a wild one decades ago that I do not recall appearing any different.
 
For me, it's yellow. I think light can alter how we perceive colors. Under whiter light, it might look more yellow. You have a nice fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new