capture

rob s.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small 20 AIO and i have a lot of live rock in it. I have decided to make it a coral only tank, no fish, and was wondering if any one had any "easy" ways of catching fish to relocate to a new tank. The issue is they have a lot of caves to hide in and as soon as the net hits the water they vanish. Removing the rocks is not an option at this time either. Is there any tricks of the trade i could use to get them out. I have 2 clowns a small 6 line wrasse and a royal gramma. I realize this may be a silly question but i don't want to stress the fish anymore than is necessary. Thanks

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason Fox has a method that after lights out, you blast the lights at 100%. They come out confused and are easy to scoop up. Tried it once and it worked easily. Probably harder on fish like wrasses though.

yuzu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could try putting something tasty like frozen food in a net and waiting to see if anyone goes inside. Then just scoop them up. My fish go crazy for food so this works, but might not if they're shy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back