OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Florida for a family Disney trip, so nothing new to report on the tank...but I did stop by the @WWC new superstore for an hour this evening while the family was resting. Great new store, and really loving the big lagoon tank up front!

I did finish the return plumbing before I left!
67196916-3EBD-4F0F-860E-81E352C30675.jpeg

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is running now, no leaks on the first run through which makes me happy! I still haven’t taken much in the way of pictures yet. Here is what else has happened:

- added the fuge/rock tank from modular marine (28x24x22)
- drilled a few 1/4” holes in the rim of the sump and rock tanks for dosing lines and other John guest style fittings needed
- wired up the left side lights (without 1 Radion for now)
- filled everything but the rock tank with water
- planned out the external skimmer plumbing
- found issues with my not too old COR pump and contacting Neptune a

next steps:
- plumb the external skimmer
- take down display tank and move everything over

7BA57830-3028-4D78-ADD8-8DA5C5D583E6.jpeg

6233B3C7-0002-4DC4-80FA-B8BAC5FD714E.jpeg

04527C52-2F2F-4076-826F-AD333E44BB57.jpeg

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune said the black spot on the housing is normal???? But they are sending me a new impeller under warranty!

I apologize for the lack of pictures...been REALLY busy getting this going and haven’t taken the time yet. Livestock from my display has now been moved to either the new tank or the frag system! I’ll now be pulling the Apex from the old tank and installing it...then I have to clean the old one up.

736A09F0-EFF7-441E-9D9D-5F143FF7BB03.jpeg

sabor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! Reminds me of my build lol but with more space. I have almost the exact same layout but cramped inside a 8x7 room.

FARMBOYREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the deposit down yesterday on the tank, and the room officially becomes mine on Monday, so it's time to start the build thread!

The room will officially be multi-use, as it was intended to be a mother-in-law suite. 1/2 will be the fish room, and 1/2 will be setup for an exercise room. It also has an attached full bathroom and separate entrance from the exterior of the house. The wall behind the frag tank is the sink and toilet in the bathroom, so I will have easy access to a drain and water supply.

Here are the plans for equipment:

Tank - Planet Aquariums 96x30x25 310g w/ Modular Marine external overflow
Frag Tank - Modular Marine 48x36x10 acrylic
Sump - 75g standard glass tank for rock/fuge and a 60x24x16 Modular Marine Sump with built-in Roller Filter to hold equipment
Stand - Custom Designed 15 series 8020. largest beams are 3"x3" and design incorporates additional tables and a full walkboard around the display. Full epoxy coat planned for the top
Display Lights - 4x XR30g4 Pro, 2x 48" Aquaticlife Hybrids, 2x 48" Orphek OR actinic bars
Frag lights - 48" Aquaticlife Hybrid with 4x XR15g4 Pros
Fuge light - 24" Orphek Fuge light
Display Flow - 2x Gyre 350's, 4x MP40QDs
Frag Flow - 2x Gyre 350's
Skimmer - currently a RO Elite INT 220, plan to upgrade to a 300 as it becomes stocked
CaRX - custom built 6x18 currently, may upgrade to a 6x24 main body and has a 4x18 second chamber. Kamoer peristaltic pump and Carbon Doser regulator
Kalk - Avast k2 stirrer with Kamoer peristaltic pump

I think that will get this started. Including some design pics below:
Stand.png
Stand_with_walls.png
Plumbing.png
Top-Down.png
Tank_Setup.png
Tank_bare_wall.png
Tank_Wall_Closed.png
Tank_Wall_Open.png
Looks great

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

A ton, but I manage to aggravate a herniated disc in my back and i've been nursing that instead of updating my thread :(

- Frag tank has been moved and tied into the system
- calcium and kalk reactors are up and running
- water change station is nearly complete, just waiting on one more 80/20 bar to hold a set of filters
- coral is looking great, and SPS are already encrusting
- I changed up the lighting on the frag tank...with it being SPS dominant, I opted to go for a 400w radium with some actinic strips! Just waiting on the pendant to arrive!

Pics when I get some time!

olaggie01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your back. That’s never good. Hoping for a quick recovery.

I’m up in Georgetown and am looking at building out a fish room in an office. I’d love the chance to come down and pick your brain and look over your system

OP
OP
Caravanshaka

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s looking great! How much rock do you have in the DT and what kind of flow do you have running in there?

Thanks!
Ive got about 200lbs of mostly liferock shapes with some of the cheap caribsea shelf rock on the bottom for stability.

for flow I’ve currently got 2 gyre 350’s alternating on each end, and 2 mp40’s on the back wall. Will definitely need more flow soon, and I’ve got 2 more mp40s I can add when I figure out good placement.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back