Cardinal compatibility and stocking question

big ole blue

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2013
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm in the process of building a 54 gallon corner reef tank and I'm doing a little research on cardinals. My question is how many bangai cards and how many pj cards could I keep in the same tank?

I'd like to get 3 to 5 bangaiis and 3 to 5 pj cards but I don't want to overload the tank.

I'll also have 4 other fish in the tank as well (small fish).
Plus the cleaner crew
 
2) Ocellaris Clownfish
(4) pajama cardinals
(4) Banghai Cardinals
(1) Mandarin Dragonet (After 6 to 12 months)
(1) yasha hase shrimp goby
Dr fosters cleaner pack

(1) Banded Coral Shrimp
(5) electric Blue leg Hermit Crab
(1) pistol shrimp
(6) bee snails
(5) scarlet reef hermit crab
(1) Emerald crab
(1) chestnut turbo snail
(1) short spine urchin
 
compatibility_chart.gif

Marine Compatability Chart
 
I've looked at that chart from live aquaria about 100 times but it doesn't answer the question of how many
 
You'll be fine with the numbers your thinking.
 
Thank you. I'm so excited about the build. I'll be posting pics on my other thread (the prismatic lagoon)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new